Friday, April 18, 2014

Locals Make West A Great Place To Visit, Live & Work



Yesterday, marked the first anniversary of the West fertilizer explosion that took the lives of 15-people and changed the lives of thousands of others, forever. People who call West home and others like myself who live nearby will never forget where we were and what we were doing when the news broke of that terrible explosion. I was at work when my cell phone started beeping about the breaking news and as the hours went by and the TV video of the extent of the damage began to be broadcast to my living room, I felt a huge sense of depression and sadness. Like many other folks, I have stopped in West to get something to eat while traveling to and from Dallas for decades. Over the years I have done this, I have never personally met an unfriendly person who greeted me during my stops. I also work with two women who call West, Texas home. I felt so bad for them yesterday, as those horrible memories started pouring back into their minds of what happened on April 17th, 2013.

Waco Newsbeat Archive