Monday, January 27, 2014

Marlboro Man Died Age 72


Many in the mainstream media are writing about the death of the 'Marlboro Man' this morning at the age of 72. Eric Lawson was better known than most folks when I was growing up in the 1970's. In fact, during that period of time I was a smoker and my brand was Marlboro. Not sure if Eric had an affect on what type of cigarette I smoked, but I did like the commercials he appeared in. It kind of angers me, but at the same time I understand what the big deal is when it comes to his cause of death. Eric died from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) which is usually caused by smoking cigarettes. The one thing most people in the news media are leaving out in his obituary is the fact that Eric Lawson was 72-years-old when he passed away. From my point of view, he did have a long life – whether or not his final demise was caused by cigarette smoking or not.

Waco Newsbeat Archive