Monday, January 27, 2014

Cowboys Need Peyton Manning Type


I know many of you are tired of my endless criticisms of Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, but with the Super Bowl only one week away. I can't help but look at the contrast between a real winner like Peyton Manning and Romo and hang my head in disgust with owner Jerry Jones. How in the world can a successful businessman like Jones bankroll the entire future of the team on the leadership and ability of Tony Romo? Over the years, I have shook my head in disbelief at some of the hair brained decisions Jones has made and paying Tony Romo all that money over the next many years takes the cake as the dumbest. What the Dallas Cowboys need is a real leader like Peyton Manning. However - until Jerry understands that in his own mind, I'm afraid we will just be stuck with one losing season after another. Texas and Dallas Cowboys fans deserve a quarterback with a willing attitude and the talent to make it happen.

Waco Newsbeat Archive