Monday, March 30, 2009

Will The Waco Tribune Herald Survive The 2009 US Recession?

I have lived in the Waco area since 1983 and one of the first things I remember about this community from the beginning was that the Waco Tribune Herald newspaper was one of the best in the nation. When I first move here from the Amarillo area, I remember thinking to myself that Waco certainly had a good newspaper and my family has subscribed to the Tribune Herald ever since.

Now that the US economy is facing a potentially long lasting recession and with the growth of the Internet cutting into newspaper readership - hundreds of small and large city newspapers are finding it difficult to maintain circulation. I certainly hope that one of the casualties of this newspaper bust trend is not the Waco Tribune Herald.

Over the past few years, I have noticed that the size of the Waco Tribune Herald newspaper has become smaller and recently they announced an added fee to keep their weekly 'Startime' TV listing guide. Waco Texas would not be the same without the Waco Tribune Herald and my hope is that our local hometown newspaper does survive during these trying times for the newspaper business as a whole.

* Waco Texas News

Title: Will The Waco Tribune Herald Survive The 2009 US Recession?
Written: March 30, 2009
RSS | Atom | Stats | Blog Catalog | Privacy Policy | Twitter | Waco Newsbeat